Jon’s gear page
On stage at The Swan, Woolston on 11th April 2009
Keeping up with John, I love the "classic" sound of the 70's so I buy my toys to try and recreate it.
Some of the gear gets used at gigs and the rest just gets used at home in my spare time.
My main setup for the band:
- Boss SE-50, effects processor for the Roland
- Roland D-50 - the "classic" 70's synth, used by Wakeman, Jarre, et al
- Nord C1 double manual organ, classic John Lord Hammond sound
- Technics stage piano PCM 1000
- Behringer mixer - for keyboards
- all sitting on Absolute Support Apex stand
- (on the floor) Jim Dunlop volume pedal for the piano, Roland sustain pedals for piano and Roland
- Ovation Celebrity shell-back - lovely rich sound when plugged-in.
- Yamaha electro-classical - for Spanish-flamenco
- Epiphone Gold-top
- 1996 Fender Telecaster (Perfect for The Stones-sound)
- 1994 Fender Fat-Strat - fitted with a double Humbucker so it has a very full, rich sound
- Not in the pic: headless Steinberger-clone; double Humbuckers and very loud!
- Orange AD-30 - a proper valve-amp (see pic), shakes the floorboards and rattles the windows!
Makes a lovely valve-sound, especially when mic'd through to a PA; there's nothing like the real thing and it's got a couple of 12" Celestions inside so it's very loud.
- Orange Crush - 15-watt practice amp
- Roland Micro Cube practise amp
On the floor (left to right)
- Vox wah-wah (out of the case)
- Jim Dunlop volume (out of the case)
- Power Bank (to save on batteries!)
- DanElectro Milkshake Chorus
- Boss Overdrive
- Digi-tech fx box
- DanElectro Dan-Echo
- Boss Chromatic Tuner